Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My name is ***** ***** I have a male cat 8mos old and was

Customer Question

Customer: hi my name is ***** ***** I have a male cat 8mos old and was nuddered and his front nail taken out its been almost 3 weeks now that this was done now he is limping and holding his right paw up off the floor is this normal
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: that's about it just limping and holding one leg up off the floor
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: okay
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Thanks so much for requesting me.

I am sorry your boy is having trouble.

Many times when a cat is de-clawed his paws are painful because they have actually cut into his bone.

Soak the painful paw in warm water and epsom salts 3 times a day. It will draw out any pus.

If this continues for another week his vet should take a look. He may need an antibiotic.

Please let me know how he is doing. I hope he feels better very soon.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri