Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My cat walks weak, 14yrs, eats well. I been fighting fleas.

Customer Question
Worry it might be kidney...
My cat walks weak, 14yrs, eats well. I been fighting fleas. Worry it might be kidney or a diabetic. It just started this morning. He looks healthy. Also are there vet's that work with people that are not high income.Three months ago another cat , took to vet ,since than died of aids. But had used my credit card, still paying off. Want him to have care, but can't afford these high prices that they charge
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat
2/12/2016
Cat Vet: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 2 years ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Hi Cheryl,

I am so sorry Barry is ill and you lost a kitty.

Can I please have more information?

What does Barry eat?

Does he have pale or white gums?

Have you gotten rid of the fleas?

Is Barry an indoor kitty?

Thanks,

Terri

Dear Cheryl,

It is possible Barry is anemic from fleas.If so, he will have pale, whitish gums.

Or he could be hypoglycemic or dehydrated.

Rub a drop of pancake syrup or honey into his gums too raise his blood sugar.

Drain the water from a can of tuna into a bowl and see if he will lap it up for hydration.

To get rid of fleas quickly without insecticide use Avon skin so soft ..

I can give you coupons for a free vet visit:

here are two Vets that offer a free first visit:

http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/offer

http://www.banfield.com/exclusiveoffer/

The ASPCA has low cost vet care. You can also try www.carecredit.com for financing.

Please let me know how Barry is doing.

Reply here or if you prefer we can speak on the phone.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri