Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat is 1.5 yrs old male and has had diarrhea the past 2

Customer Question

Customer: Hi..my cat is 1.5 yrs old male and has had diarrhea the past 2 days. He eats, plays, and otherwise acts normally. We have had a bout with this last month and I took him to the Vet..we checked his stool which came back negative for Girardia and she gave us some bulking food and pro-biotics. He does always sound like he has sniffles, but no nasal discharge or watery eyes. He also has gas.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just did
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, thanks for your question. I need some additional info to best help you.

1) How long overall has the intermittent diarrhea been an issue?
2) Did the bulking food and probiotics help?
3) Is your boy indoor only or indoor/outdoor?
4) Is he on any regular medications?
5) What food does he eat regularly? Please list brand name and all treats.
6) Does he receive any human food?

This info will help me to give you the most concise info.