Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

I'm not sure what to do at this point.my cat being 21 years…

Customer Question
I'm not sure what to...
I'm not sure what to do at this point.my cat being 21 years old has lost use of he hind legs. she is unable to walk but can crawl. I take her to get her water and I don't see her eating. she has arthritis in he hind legs. is she in pain. is there something I can do without extensive surgery. I don't believe in prolonging life if she will be in pain at this stage of her of life. I need help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat
1/29/2016
Cat Vet: Candy R., Veterinary Technician replied 2 years ago
Candy R.
Candy R., Veterinary Technician

Hello. I am sorry to hear that your girl is not doing well. My name is ***** ***** I have been a veterinary nurse for 27 years. I would be happy to help I just have a few questions.

How long has this been going on and has she seen a vet since this started?

Why has she been on the DM food?

When was blood work done last?

Is she able to urinate and pass stool?

When did you see her eat last?

If you touch her back paws are they the same temp as the front paws or are they cold?

Is she on any medications or supplements?

Any chance she could have been injured?