Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

I have 5 feline and one of them pees on the countertop and…

Customer Question
Hi I have 5 feline...
Hi I have 5 feline and one of them pees on the countertop and now the stove what can I do to stop that
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat
1/27/2016
Cat Vet: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 years ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Good evening, Erica.

Thanks for your question.

We commonly see that cats who urinate in places that they are not supposed to have a urinary tract infection. The best way to rule this out is to present your cat for a physical exam at your vets office, allow them to run a urinalysis and lab work if your vet feels it is indicated. They're likely to do a round of antibiotics to see if it helps. This is one of the many ways that cats try to bring our attention to the fact that something is wrong with them. Counter tops, sinks, floors, even in the owner's bed are all common locations for urinating. If this female is not already spayed, it would be advisable to have this done as this can also contribute to a willingness to deposit urine in places other than the litter box.

If my answer has helped you, please take the time to leave positive feedback. This is how experts are compensated by the website for their effort with each client. If questions remain, click reply and I will help you further.

Ok already had that in mind from serching on like so can I get antibiotics without taking to vet

Antibiotics require a prescription and, unfortunately, cats are so small the ones marketed for people often are way too much and can make cats very sick. I would look at two different antibiotics in your spot, I would look at the injectable convenia (so you don't have to medicate, it's given once by a vet) or baytril (usually given 1-2 times a day).

Ok thanks

Very welcome.