PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My cat ate a .5 mg clonazepam tablet i had on the table. I'm

Customer Question

Customer: My cat ate a .5 mg clonazepam tablet i had on the table. I'm worried that she may become sick and die. she weighs 10.2 lbs
JA: Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. I have three cats myself, so I know how you must feel right now. The Veterinarian will know if your cat will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?
Customer: otherwise it is in good health
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know?
Customer: i don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, thanks for your question. Your question was moved from the veterinary board over to the cat expert board because we could help you faster. It does not appear that they vet you reached out to is on at this moment.

The good news is that Clonazepam is a medication we use in cats and a 0.5mg tablet is only half of the high end of the dosage that we use in cats. You should expect to see some lethargy, sleepy behavior and your cat possibly wobbling while she walks. If you see progressing symptoms, see your vet promptly. Otherwise this looks to be a benign consumption. It's also rare for cats to eat tablets, so check on the floor and all around to be sure it was indeed consumed so you don't have to worry needlessly.

If my answer has helped you, please take the time to leave positive feedback for me. This is how we are compensated for our time in helping customers. If questions remain, please reply and I'll help you further.