Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I found a stray kitten i think it could be 6 weeks old. It

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, i found a stray kitten i think it could be 6 weeks old. It seems to be wheezing and coughing like it's trying to cough up something i did worm it and sometimes when it cough's it does a runny poo and a worm or two.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the kitten was very skinny and fluffy
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Bless you for rescuing this sweet baby. You are AWESOME!

She could be coughing from severe worm infestation or she could have cat flu.

Now that she has been wormed she should improve but repeat the dose in 3 weeks to kill hatching eggs.

To cure runny poo add a tsp of rice cereal or boiled white rice to 2 ounces of canned cat food or baby food chicken with no onion or garlic Also give her a half tsp of plain yogurt every day for ten days.

If she is congested run a hot shower to make a steam room in your bath room and take her in for ten minute intervals.

Please let me know how she is doing. I hope she feels better very soon.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Terri, for your info hope he get's better so i can re-home it as i have 3 cat's already ex-strays
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

You are more than welcome. It is my pleasure to help such a wonderful person.

Bless you a million times for rescuing!

I am hoping the baby will get better too. Please keep me updated.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer so I am credited by the site.

I will still be here for you at no additional charge.

Love and prayers,

Terrii

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Terri