Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

She is not eating, going on about 2 days now
, Leeloo

Customer Question

Customer: She is not eating, going on about 2 days now
JA: Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. I have three cats myself, so I know how you must feel right now. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Leeloo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Leeloo?
Customer: She's already been to the vet and is currently admitted. All bloodwork is fine, xrays came back normal. She's vomiting liquids occasionally and drinks water occasionallly
JA: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did Leeloo eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that we're aware of
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. Do you think this is urgent?
Customer: Probably, as we're concerned with liver damage
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry Leeloo is not feeling well.

If she is vomiting she is probably nauseated.

Add one quarter of a ten mg pepcid A/C (famotidine) to a tablespoon of chicken baby food with no onion or garlic

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Famotidine-prod11171.html

Twenty minutes later offer her warm baby food.

Drain the water from a can of tuna into a bowl and see if she will lap it up for hydration.If she does, offer some tuna.

Pick up all dry food. Offer warm baby food, canned cat food and tuna.

Please let me know if she eats and how she is doing. Just reply here or if you prefer we can speak on the phone.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She's currently admitted and we're just looking for anything they might've missed. She's had X-rays done and blood/chem screening, all normal. She's had deworming treatments and has been given metronidazole 50mg/ml as well as cerenia 10mg/ML. In addition to that she's been given famotidine 10mg/ml and a sucralfate tab 1GM 100. Even with the medication to induce hunger she's not eating, is there something else we can look at?
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your very helpful reply.

Has she been having bowel movements?
What and when did she eat last?

What is her current temperature

What color are her gums?

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Terri