Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My cat was playing and all of a sudden started screaming a…

Customer Question
***** *****. My cat...

***** *****. My cat was playing and all of a sudden started screaming a really loud meow that I'd never heard before and started walking backwards. He seemed to be in pain. I tried to cuddle him as normally very affectionate and seemed to be in pain around the torso. Then he chilled for a bit and did it again 3 more times.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Yes, what info would you like? He's had some anti parasite treatment about a week ago and is healthy

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Ok, I wait

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat
1/19/2016
Cat Vet: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 2 years ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

I am sorry your boy is so upset.I need your help to figure out whats wrong.

How old is he?

Was he playing with another cat?

Can you please feel all over his body for any pain response?

Look in his mouth for a stuck item or any abnormalities?

Check his feet and pads?

Do you have any snakes, spiders or scorpions in your country?

After your reply please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer.

Thanks,

Terri

He's 1 year and 2 months.
No other cats in the house.
No signs of pain when touching his body but when he had these seizure type things (about 7 or 8 times now in a space of 30 mins), he seemed to struggle to walk normally afterwads.
Nothing stuck in his mouth.
Feet and pads seem normal.
No snakes, spiders or scorpions.Thanks so much.

You are more than welcome.It is my pleasure to help such a wonderful person.

He may have an ear infection causing a vestibular issue. It is similar to human motion sickness and makes him feel nauseous and disoriented.

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_vestibular_disease.html

Seizures are unusual in a cat his age. He could be hypoglycemic. Rub a drop of pancake syrup or honey into his gums to raise his blood sugar.

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+2118&aid=224

He may have eaten something he shouldn't or have trouble with his liver

What and when did he eat last?

Lets see if he will eat, a cats appetite is the best barometer of his health

Offer canned cat food, tuna anything tasty he will not refuse.

Lets see if he can walk normally or if he is licking any part of his body, holding his leg up or any other signs of pain.

Please let me know what is going on. I will stand by to hear from you.

What happened? How is he??

Has he eaten?

Please let me know....I am concerned.