Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My vet said that my cat's tests are normal. He had a swollen

Customer Question

Hi- My vet said that my cat's tests are normal. He had a swollen urethra a month ago, and he was given steroids and antibiotics. His system went back to normal, but he decided to isolate himself in a corner. He was eating well and drinking fluids. Then he developed a blood clot in one eye. It still hasn't gone away completely after 2 weeks. Today I took him back to the vet because he was barely eating yesterday and this morning. She gave him an appetite stimulant, and he's still only taking a few bites of his food. She says that it could be one of a number of things, but since she doesn't know, she is going to recommend a specialist. Also he has lost 2 lbs. the vet ruled out diabetes. He's very alert and not lethargic. He's just miserable. Do you have any suggestions? What could be wrong with him? Am I going to lose him?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Nikolai. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

What tests were done by your vet? Blood tests, Xrays, urinalysis? Do you have copies of any blood tests that were done? Since I cannot see and examine him, the more information I have the more I can help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is Nikolai?