petdrz
petdrz, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

My cat has been throwing up clear liquid mixed with liquidy

Customer Question

My cat has been throwing up clear liquid mixed with liquidy type food for two days. He is drinking. this morning he wouldn't come in to eat and acted skittish when we went outside and found him.
Category: Cat
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and Grey today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.

Do you know if Grey is passing urine at all?

Is he an indoor only cat or is he allowed outdoors as well?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if he is urinating. He is indoor and outdoor. He always comes to the door with the other cats to eat, so I knew something was wrong when he didn't come in. We had to look for him.
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the prompt reply.

These symptoms in an indoor/outdoor cat are very concerning because we don't know what he may have gotten into to or if he was injured internally in some way. Intestinal obstructions will commonly present with symptoms as these. Another very common condition in young male cats is a urinary obstruction and since you are not sure if he is urinating or not, this has to be on the list of possibilities until it is ruled out. If left untreated, it can make him very sick and can even be fatal.

I would strongly urge you to have him examined as soon as possible so that the cause of his vomiting can be identified and hopefully resolved. There is really not much more that can be offered until the cause is known.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

My posted replies are for general education only and not meant as a diagnosis. Only after a thorough veterinary examination can a diagnosis for your pet be made and specific treatments be advised or medications be prescribed.

Dr Z

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much! I will call the vet...
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome. Please keep me posted as to how things progress. Good luck.