Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I accidentally kicked my kitten in the head at full force

Customer Question

I accidentally kicked my kitten in the head at full force this afternoon, she seems ok but right after it happened she seemed very dazed. Her head & neck area look slightly swollen. I put my finger in front of her eyes to see if she'd follow , which she did a tiny bit. And when I throw her favorite toys in front of her it takes her a min to realize what she has to do when before she'd get it in a snap. PLEASE HELP ME, I AM SO WORRIED!
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry Scotti was injured. Please DO NOT blame yourself. Kittens are always getting underfoot so this has happened to me many times.

As long as she is eating she is not feeling too bad because when they are in pain they refuse food. You can apply a cold compress (not ice) to the swollen areas.

Just watch for vomiting, disorientation, nose or mouth bleeding or lethargy.

Please let me know how she is doing. Reply here or if you prefer we can speak on the phone.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitty.

Love,

Terri