Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My kitten took a fall t s head he just later still screaming

Customer Question

My kitten took a fall hit his head he just later still screaming like for a minute when I went to him and touched him he freaked out ran across the room and into the coffee table tried to get under it but couldn't except his head. I moved it to get him up and he took off again crying and ran into a wall we finally caught him and are holding him he's acting like he can't see. I checked his pupils they both dilate but I'm worried he has a concussion bc he is sleepy now.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome.

I'm so sorry to hear that Loki fell and hit his head and then injured it again, when he ran into the coffee table, trying to get under it.

If his pupils are dilated and he seems to be having vision problems, plus, he's sleepy, it does sound like he may have a concussion and this needs to be diagnosed and treated by a vet, immediately.

If your regular vet is not open at this time or doesn't have emergency hours, bring Loki to the nearest ER vet center for evaluation and treatment. A traumatic head injury can be quite serious, but, if caught early, hopefully, he should do well.

Try not to let him fall asleep and rush him to the vet, now.

I hope all will be well with Loki and please let me know how he's doing and what the vet tells you. Thanks!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be happy to continue.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I'm just checking in with you to see how your Loki is doing. I hope he's alright!

Were you able to get him to a vet last night and have him checked for a concussion? Can he see, or was his vision affected?

Please let me know if you found my answer helpful and also how he's coming along, as I'm concerned for him. Thank you!

Warmest wishes,

Cher