Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I have a four-year-old indoor/outdoor neutered male cat in

Customer Question

I have a four-year-old indoor/outdoor neutered male cat in very good health. Upon returning from a morning romp (hour or so outside) came in with his harness askew and now doesn't seem able to get comfortable. He keeps changing his sleeping position just like a person would on a hot summer night. In the last 10 minutes he seems to have settled down and is quietly napping but This behavior is not the norm and would like advice
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Actually, his comfort was short lived & he is once again unable to get comfy.
Expert:  Terri replied 2 years ago.

I am so sorry Micha is so uncomfortable......poor baby.

He may have caught his harness on something and sprained or bruised himself.

Feel all over the area the harness affects, ribs,back, belly, legs, underarms, etc for any pain response.

Also check his body for any scratch,bite,wound or chaffing.

It is also possible a human creep hurt him.

I would also look in his mouth for a stuck item or any abnormalities.

If you find a sore spot on his body apply a cold compress to the area 5 minutes on and 10 off for an hour. Then switch to a warm compress same intervals.

Continue with the one that gives him the most relief.

Offer him canned cat food or tuna and let me know if he eats or not and how he is doing. A cat whos in pain will usually refuse food so his appetite is the best barometer of his health.

I hope he feels better very soon.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer positively as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

If you need any additional information, just click reply and I will be here for you and your fur baby.. Rating will not cut off our communication. This question will always be open for you to reply to me.

Love,

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 2 years ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Micha. How is everything going?
Terri