Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat not moving much or eating I'm worried

Customer Question

my cat not moving much or eating I'm worried
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 2 years ago.
Thanks so much for requesting me.
Please tell me more about Simon:
How old is he exactly?
How long is he like this?
What and when did he eat last?
Is he able to pass stools and urine?
Are his gums pale or white?
Is he an indoor kitty?
After your reply please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer.
Kind regards,
Terri
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Simon is 13 months, been ill since last night, he had a mouthful of food this morning and a sip of milk. He looks normal but is hardly moving, he's not passing any urine or stools, there was a little bit of yellow fluid by him I couldn't tell if it was sick or stool. He goes out very rarely
Expert:  Terri replied 2 years ago.
Thanks so much for your very helpful reply.
Simon may be dehydrated or hypoglycemic.
Rub a drop of pancake syrup or honey into his gums.It should perk him up within minutes.
Feel all over his body for any wounds or pain response. Look in his mouth for a stuck item sores or any abnormalities. Check under tongue, roof and between lips and teeth
Drain the water from a can of tuna into a bowl and see if he will lick it up for hydration.If he does, offer the tuna.
Warm some canned food to bring out the aroma.
He can have more milk if he will drink it.
Please let me know how Simon is doing. I will be here all day to help you.
Please be so kind as to rate my answer positively as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!
If you need any additional information, just click reply and I will be here for you and your fur baby.. Rating will not cut off our communication. This question will always be open for you to reply to me.
Love,
Terri
Expert:  Terri replied 2 years ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Simon. How is everything going?
Terri