Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Dr Nimmo -My cat Roux cut her foot about a week ago. I

Customer Question

Hi Dr Nimmo -
My cat Roux cut her foot about a week ago. I dont know what it was cut on - but it was bleeding. It was not on her foot pad, it was between two if her toes.
My cat has three legs already, so i cannot tell if she is limping - because she is always limping!
I have been cleaning the wound daily with epsom salt water and putting neosporin on it, however, i have not been covering the wound or making her wear a collar. When i bandage her paw, she will not walk. when i put the collar on, she will not walk. Yesterday when i came home, she had a little white pus coming from the wound. I know this probably means it is infected, but i already took her to the vet and they told me just to keep it clean - no stitches were involved - and it cost me $200! I cant do that again. Please help! Should i just continue what I am doing or can you suggest something else i should be doing?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the Experts?
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.
Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
Expert:  Terri replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry Roux has this trouble.
You can continue to soak her foot in epsom salts water,
BUT I have an easier solution.
Apply raw honey. It is an amazing healer. Plus it is safe if she ingests it:
http://winterparkhoney.ecrater.com/p/4865201/16-oz-melaleuca-honey-raw-unheated
http://oramanukahoney.com.au/animal_care.html
Next put a sock on her foot made for a human infant. That should not annoy her as much as a bandage or impede her walking.
Please let me know how she is doing.
Please be so kind as to rate my answer positively as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!
If you need any additional information, just click reply and I will be here for you and your fur baby.. Rating will not cut off our communication. This question will always be open for you to reply to me.
Love,
Terri