Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My cat is 9 years old; recently visited vet; eye dilated and…

Customer Question
My cat is 9 years...
My cat is 9 years old; recently visited vet; eye dilated and protruding; diagnosed with glacouma; referred to
Opthamologistt; found mass behind eye; did cat scan and needle biopsies. Only found inflammatory cells; mentioned granallomas;. Told to watch her for a week. Eye looks painful putting sauce in; crusty and looks bloody. He said maybe a surgical biopsy but mass is such that they won't get all edges. Cat is not herself. Moves very slowly, not much of appetite,
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Cat
6/6/2015
Cat Vet: Dr B, Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Hi this is DR J and I would be happy to help you. I understand that they may not get all the edges but her eye still needs to be removed as soon as possible. Once her eye is out, all the pain will be gone. Even if the mass is malignant, the best possible course for her is to remove the eye and as much of the mass as possible and the sooner the better. If she is not eating then you need to take her to an ER where they can give her some fluids and I would recommend some oral Buprenex to bring home for pain until she can have surgery. Also recommend Cyproheptadine 2 mg twice daily for appetite stimulation as this works very well for cats. I hope this helps you. Please feel free to write me back and ask questions as I check my computer twice daily and I will get back to you. Most Sincerely, DRJ
Hi this is Dr J and I am checking back in with you to see if you need further help. Most Sincerely, DRJ
Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian