Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I have found a kitten abandoned in car park , have had her

Customer Question

I have found a kitten abandoned in car park , have had her for 5 days , doing great except she is not pooping , she has liquid stool leak out but no firm , I have tried a stimulating her anus but now it seems very painful and enlarged , she meows like in pain when I touch it , what can I do ? She's also refusing food this morning
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 2 years ago.
Bless you for saving this precious baby!
Can you estimate her age or weight?
What was she eating up to now?
Is she able to urinate fine?
After your reply please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer
Thanks,
Terri
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

4-5 weeks , urinating fine , eating mixture of kmr and kitten food , was on bottle but now refusing

Expert:  Terri replied 2 years ago.
Dear Rahni,
Thanks so much for your very helpful reply.
Stop the bottle because she could bite off a piece of nipple and choke or get a blockage.
Get a rectal thermometer, dip the tip in vaseline. Insert it into her rectum about an inch. Gently move it back and forth. It should bring on stool within an hour. If not, you can repeat it.
See if she will lap up tuna water you have drained from the can.
Remove all dry food. Offer her canned kitten food or baby food chicken or turkey with no onion or garlic.
Please write back and let me know how she is doing. Just press reply and I will be here for you.
Love,
Terri
Expert:  Terri replied 2 years ago.
How is the kitten?
Did she poop?
Is she any better?
Expert:  Terri replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rahni,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Terri