Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Dr. Pete, I inherited a mature cat that has a massive

Customer Question
Hi Dr. Pete, I inherited...

Hi Dr. Pete, I inherited a mature cat that has a massive growth on her stomach. I took her to an Oncologist two days ago and he did a needle aspirated biopsy and also drained three pounds of fluid at that time. The Pathologist said the sample was benign but recommended immediate removal as the cat doubled its' weight in just 8 weeks of being with me. Her spine is very thin, there is no other blood work done yet, but my concern is that after draining the cyst the cat has become listless, almost unresponsive, not keen on her feed but still uses the box. Can draining the fluid have caused other medical problems? Electrolyte balance off? Before this procedure she ate like a top, purred like a furnace. I'm worried and the Vet. is closed, lives far away.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Cat
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/23/2015
Cat Vet: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 3 years ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Hello Bonnie,

Bless you for saving Elvira!

Dr Pete is not online. Would you like to wait for him?

Thanks,

Terri