Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Either my cat has had

Customer Question

- either my cat has had a break down or is suffering from cystitus or has gotton into oxi clean - we moved and he has been insane gong behind large refrigerator/commercial dryer at a cabinate he could not get down from etc. etc. then a loud fire alarm went off for 5 minutes..........and that was the end.. he does have mild heart disease but needs no medication and has been on wet cat food for 5 years( last incident) not eating and only a little water and is hiding under thingshe broke out ot one cat carrier on the way here. he will go nuts i am afraid if I move him again - hence it has been 2 days - secondly angel memorial is now a ggod distance and an animal hospital (vets ) is close by but closed today - if it is the visiting at angle is impossible verses down the street..........yes I know they can die from it.....................
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 2 years ago.
Hello Emily.I am sorry Tiger is so upset since the move. Do you know if he has been able to urinate in these two days?Are you able to reach him and pull him out from his hiding place?Thanks,Terri
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HIS NAME IS***** I BELIEVE HE URINATED YESTERDAY THAT WAS THE ONE THING HE WAS DOING GOING TO THE BOX BUT HOESTLY I COULD NOT TELL. HE IS DEFINATLY FREAKED OUT AND HIDING UNDERTHINGS DURING THE DAY AT NIGHT HE HAS SLEPT ON THE PILLOW ABOBE MY HEAD. E HAS A PAL AND THEY HAVE A ROUTINE WHICH IS OFF IN THE MORNING FOR FOOD AND THE LITTER BOX. HE JUST CAME OUT FROM HIDING FOR 2 DAYS AND IS SLEEPING ON THE COUCH WITH HIS PAL.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Terri replied 2 years ago.
Dear *****,Thanks so much for your very helpful reply. I am glad to hear Winston is able to urinate. It sounds like he is just scared in unfamiliar surroundings.It is normal for a cat in a new location to immediately scope out a safe spot where he can hide while watching the world around him.Once he feels safe he will come out and interact with you and the other kitty.Drain the water from a can of tuna and see if he will lap it up. If he does, offer the tuna.If you have his things or furniture from the other house place it around so he can smell familiar scents.Do not force him, just let him decide when to walk around and explore the new territory. Please let me know how things go. If you need me just reply and I will be here for you.Love,Terri
Expert:  Terri replied 2 years ago.
Hi Emily,
Are you still interested in a phone call?
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Terri