Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

I was using draino on my sink and after had rinsed and dried

I was using draino on my sink and after had rinsed and dried -- but not used soap on my hands -- and then without thinking held my cat -- is he going to be okay?

Hello, Samantha and thanks for requesting me to answer your question about Ozai.

If there was no liquid Drano on your hands at the time you held him, there should be no problem. If you rinsed and dried your sink, you also rinsed any chemical off your hands, although, yes, you should always wash with soap and water after dealing with a toxic substance like this.

If you can bathe him without problem, or at least wipe him down with a warm washcloth and towel dry, this should remove any possible residue that came off your hands onto his fur (if this even happened).

Monitor him for any unusual symptoms, like drooling, lack of appetite, trouble walking, breathing difficulties, etc. and if you notice any, have him seen by a vet immediately.

I hope all will be well with Ozai!

Warmest regards,
Cher

Hi again, Samantha.

Thanks very much for your positive rating and most generous bonus; they are truly appreciated.

I don't think you have to worry too much about this; Ozai should be fine.

Warmest wishes,
Cher

PS: no additional information is needed at this time, so please disregard the automatic system prompts; this is simply a 'thank you!' : )
Hi Samantha,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Ozai. How is everything going?

Cher