Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

I never got a 2nd reply to my cat problem. Nora have no crystals.

I never got a 2nd...
I never got a 2nd reply to my cat problem. Nora have no crystals. She is an only cat . All her surroundings and routines are the same as the past 7 year. But now she is urinating on my Day-Bed. I washed everything yesterday and sprayed it with nature's Miracle just for cats and she DID IT AGAIN!!! I'm beside myself. I will no longer feed her any fish/seafood foods..Have put aluminum foil on my furniture but can't live like that.. What do I do?????
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/21/2013
Dr. Louis Gotthelf
Dr. Louis Gotthelf, Veterinarian

Dr. Louis Gotthelf :

Hi. I'm Dr. Gotthelf. I have been a vet for 35 years and I would like to use my experience to help you with your pet's medical problem.

Dr. Louis Gotthelf :

This could be a behavioral problem rather than a medical problem. I have found that when cats are peeing on objects, they are not happy. I will often try a human antidepressant that works well in most cats to make them feel better psychologically. It is called Elavil. Ask your vet if your cat could try some for 2 weeks to see if that makes a difference. It really has no side effects.

Dr. Louis Gotthelf
Dr. Louis Gotthelf, Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about Nora. How is everything going?

Dr. Louis Gotthelf
Dr. Louis Gotthelf
Dr. Louis Gotthelf
Dr. Louis Gotthelf, Veterinarian