Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

We gave our cat a dose of praziquantel for tape worms a week

ago, and over the last few...
We gave our cat a dose of praziquantel for tape worms a week ago, and over
the last few days, her appetite has decreased greatly. Otherwise, she seems
fine. No more worms. Does this seem normal?
7/10/2013
Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian

Dr. Whitehead :

Hello there. My name isXXXXX and I am sorry to hear Daisy is not feeling great. I would not think it is related to the worm medication. She could simply could just be having a little upset tummy. Try to give her some pepto at a dose of 1 teaspoon per 15 lbs every 8 hours to settle her tummy down. You can also feed her a little boiled chicken and rice to calm her tummy down. give her a couple days and hopefully she should be back to normal.

Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian
Hi Vicki,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Daisy. How is everything going?

Dr. Whitehead

Hi Dr. Whitehead:

Daisy has her appetite back. She now prefers chicken-flavored canned

food. She seems stronger and healthier, after no more tape worms and

a renewed interest in food.

Thanks for your concern and help,

Vicki

You are very welcome. I am glad to hear that Daisy is doing well
Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian