Dr. Hinson
Dr. Hinson, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  11+ years experience in the veterinary field. Experience with small, large and exotic species.
10679819

is there anyway to help a cat with anemia (some sort of food

is there anyway to help a cat with anemia (some sort of food or something)
Welcome to Just Answer! I'm Dr. Hinson and I'd like to help you with your question.

How do you know the cat is anemic?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
her skin is very pale
Have you checked her gums? You can't really go by the skin.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yep they are too. she has been treated by antibiotics and worm medicaine and had her flea medicine. she is also such a dirty cat (she is well fed etc) she absolutely doesnt clean her fur. she gets knots in it, i had to trim them and comb her. she does not upkeep whatsoever. she is about 7. she is happy purrs eats and is a healthy weight. i honestly never understood her. she was a rescue cat. ive had her for 3 years.
OK. Just because her gum color looks pale to you does not 100% confirm anemia. You really need a blood test to know for sure and to know how severe it is.

There is no way to treat anemia with diet. You need to know what the underlying cause of the anemia is in order to treat it.

You can try Liqui-Tinic 4x supplement but unless the anemia is due to iron deficiency (which is rare) then it likely won't help that much.

http://www.vetdepot.com/liqui-tinic-4x-flavored-vitamin-and-iron-supplement-for-dogs-and-cats-2-oz.html

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

do you know why she may be such a dirty cat? besides the anemia reasons. she has always been this way. are some cats just like this though?

I don't have a idea about that really unless she has some underlying disease that is making her that way. Is she dirty because she isn't cleaning herself?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes she never cleans herself
Then that is either just her or there is an underlying disease (like diabetes, feline leukemia, feline AIDS, kidney disease, etc) that is making her that way.