Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
6340741

My kitten has a clear/cream colored goop in her eyes. What

My kitten has a clear/cream colored goop in her eyes. What is most likely causing this?
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian, and I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. DIscharge from the eyes is often associated with conjunctivitis, which is an inflammation of the lining of the eye sockets. This can be due to viral infection, bacterial infection, or irritants such as dust and dirt. Also, damage to the cornea, such as scratches or ulcers, can cause discharge.

The best suggestion would be to have a veterinarian examine the kitten's eyes within 24 hours.

You can rinse the eyes with a sterile saline eyewash, and you can apply an artificial tears product such as Genteal or Refresh every few hours to maintain comfort, if needed.