Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Our two month old kitten occasionally leaves a small blood…

Customer Question
Our two month old kitten...
Our two month old kitten occasionally leaves a small blood spot in her litter box. Should we be concerned? How do we treat this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cat
6/21/2010
Cat Vet: ERAnimalNurse, Emergency Critical Care Nurse replied 8 years ago
ERAnimalNurse
ERAnimalNurse, Emergency Critical Care Nurse

I am sorry your kitty is having trouble.

Is the blood in the urine or the feces?

Is your kitty having any diarrhea? vomiting?

Has this kitten seen a vet yet?

Was she a stray?

How is her appetite?

Let me know and i will try to help...

Our kitten's blood spots are in her feces, and she has had light diarrhea. She received her first vaccinations last week by a vet at a pet store, but has not seen any other vet. She came from the litter of a friends cat. Her appetite is good. Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Thank you for the additional information. Soft stool and blood is most commonly indicative of intestinal parasites. Your kitty will need to have her feces checked, and will likely need a dewormer and maybe even an antibiotic. Some parasites are harder to find than others, so even if the fecal panel comes up negative a dewormer should be prescribed. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. If this has been helpful, please hit the green accept button. Best of luck with your kitty :)