Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

my cat puffy red under eyes

Customer Question
my cat puffy red under eyes
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cat
6/16/2010
Cat Vet: Cher, Feline Specialist replied 8 years ago
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Hello, and thank you for your question about Dolly.

My apologies that you did not receive a reply, earlier; your question was just transferred to our Cat category.

Dolly may have developed an eye infection called conjunctivitis.
http://www.sniksnak.com/cathealth/conjunctivitis.html

It's also possible that she is experiencing an allergic reaction to something she contacted.

It will be necessary for Dolly to be evaluated by a vet, as soon as possible. Once she is definitely diagnosed, she will be prescribed the most appropriate treatment to resolve her eye problem. If it is necessary to put drops or ointment in her eyes and you've never done this before, here are instructional videos:

I hope all will be well with your furry girl!

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback. If you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,
Cher