Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

cat: wound on his neck that is leaking a clearish liquid.

Customer Question
My cat was in some...
My cat was in some type of fight last night. He has a wound on his neck that is leaking a clearish liquid. Is this liquid a sign of infection? What is the liquid?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Cat
6/20/2009
Cat Vet: catDR, Cat Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
catDR
catDR, Cat Veterinarian
Thanks for writing in,

Cat bites can cause nasty infections and abscesses. I would highly suggest you bring your cat to your vet so that this can be cleaned out and your cat started on antibiotics before this develops into an abscess which it will if left alone. The clear fluid you are seeing is likely from the initial inflammation of the bite, but it will develop into thick pus and blood. I hope this helps and I hope he feels better soon!
catDR
catDR, Cat Veterinarian
catDR
catDR
catDR, Cat Veterinarian