Bird

Ask a bird specialist.

I have a bird who has a completely limp leg it doesn't cause…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a bird who has a completely limp leg it doesn't cause the bird pain and there's no sign of trauma or Injury but the leg (otherwise perfect) just flops around from all the way up at the hip

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No wound anywhere

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the bird's name and age?

I think it's a fledgling I found it

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the bird?

Bird is taking some water and has taken some food

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Bird
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
The bird is a juvenile and still begs for food. We've kept it calm and quiet and in a safe place. The bird is not in pain, and has no apparent injuries. It can fly just fine. However one of it's legs is entirely limp. There are no apparent injuries to the leg
Answered in 2 days by:
5/27/2018
Bird Specialist: Anna, Bird Expert, Biologist replied 26 days ago
Anna
Anna, Bird Expert, Biologist
Hello and welcome. I apologize that no one responded to you sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just logged in and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with over 40 years of experience keeping birds. I'm sorry to hear of this problem. Do you still want help? If so, how is the bird now? Thank you.