Bird

Ask a bird specialist.

I ha e a baby conure that I'm having to hand feed. It's got…

Customer Question
I ha e a...

I ha e a baby conure that I'm having to hand feed. It's got sits in eyes but infection is oozing out. What can I do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections the bird can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the bird's name and age?

Red and about a month old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Red?

When I first took him he had trouble with not being able to use bathroom . Got him over that. I thought he would die . He was malnourished but eating good now.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Bird
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/2/2018
Bird Specialist: Andrea Golombek,
 replied 3 months ago
Andrea Golombek

Hi there, I'm Dr G and i work a lot with birds. I have been a vet for 18 years. I will help you out today with Red.

Can you give me some more info on your bird's eye? Is it just one eye or both?

Is there green or white discharge in the eyes? Are the eyes open at all? How old is the bird?