Bird

Ask a bird specialist.

My parakeet is about 9 years old. I noticed last night that…

Customer Question
My parakeet is about...

My parakeet is about 9 years old. I noticed last night that he was only using one leg. It looks like a claw o his right foot is twisted toward his foot. Help.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your bird?

Did you just see my message?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your bird seem to hurt?

On his right foot. I noticed the outside claw appears to be twisted inward

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is your bird's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he is 9 or 10 years old.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Bird
3/19/2018
Bird Specialist: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Structural disorders are very difficult to assess from afar. Ideally, an avian vet (www.aav.org) would look at Cruz and examine him hands-on. Can you upload a photo(s) of his right foot to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DrMichaelSalkin