Bird

Ask a bird specialist.

I have a male Pekin duck, it was attacked by a crain in our…

Customer Question
I have a male...

I have a male Pekin duck, it was attacked by a crain in our pond. it looks like he lost his right eye. what can i do

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the bird?

My duck lost his eye the crain took it

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your bird seem to hurt?

His head, not moving very well, was bleeding a lot from the eye socket.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your bird. What is the bird's name and age?

Waldo, and 2 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Waldo?

2

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Waldo?

No he just lays there, i cleaned him up and looks like his eye is damaged

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Bird
3/14/2018
Bird Specialist: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Regretfully, it's very difficult for me to assess the extent of injury from afar. Can you upload a photo(s) of Waldo's eye to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.