Bird

Get Answers to Bird Care Questions. Ask a Bird Specialist.

Bird

My parakeet is eating constantly and is puffed up and keeps…

Customer Question
My parakeet is eating...

My parakeet is eating constantly and is puffed up and keeps hiding in his rope to which he has never done before.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the parakeet's name and age?

His name is***** and he is about 1 year old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Big?

He did not come from a store he was bred by a friend of mine

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Bird
1/18/2018
Bird Specialist: August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist replied 1 month ago
August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist

I'm August Abbott Cert.Avian Specialist; ownr N.CA Parrot Rescue. Allow a few minutes to review & respond (please ignore site offers for phone svc)

In the meantime, let's discuss what he's been eating on a regular basis. Are there other birds? If so, please describe them and where they're kept in relation to this one. Are you positive this is a male? How?

How do his droppings look?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He eats latter healthy support diet , and millet he gets vitamins in his water. There are no other birds in the house he is my only pet.

Are you saying a seed blend diet?

August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS