Bird

Ask a bird specialist.

There is a bird that her neck twisted and she can not eat…

Customer Question
Hi Dr, there is...

Hi Dr, there is a bird that her neck twisted and she can not eat how I can heal her?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the bird's name and age?

Pigeons but I don't know her age

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Is it a kitten or an adult?

Adult

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the bird's name?

I think Pigeons I searched and I got this name Pigeons

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the bird?

I don't know

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Bird
12/18/2017
Bird Specialist: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on this pigeon, please?

Regretfully, you've described torticollis ("twisted neck") which in most cases arises secondary to untreatable viral infections such as paramyxovirus, West Nile virus, and the equine encephalomyelitides which have invaded the central nervous system (brain, spinal cord) of these birds. I applaud your caring for this bird but even with the care of an avian vet, it's unlikely that it can recover.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DrMichaelSalkin