Bird

Ask a bird specialist.

I have a approx. 6 week old cockatiel in my care and im

Customer Question
Hello, i have a...

Hello, i have a approx. 6 week old cockatiel in my care and im concerned he might have a respiratory issue - he started breathing heavily through his mouth this evening. he's been underfed/unhealthy as he was rejected by his mother and wasnt under the best of care as of a week ago, when i decided to take him in and try to help. he is eating and pooping normally, but only drinking water okay and he is still chirpy

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the bird?

Im not sure, i've never cared for a baby cockatiel before, i have an older cockatiel but have never experienced these issues with him

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Bird
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 2 days by:
12/2/2017
Bird Specialist: August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist replied 7 months ago
August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist

I'm August Abbott, cert. avian specialist; owner of N.CA Parrot Rescue. Give me just a few minutes to review your question & respond.

First, let me apologize for the unexplained delay in responding to your posting. This is the first time I've seen it and I understand your concern about your bird given the symptoms.

I also admire you for taking on this 'rescue' and your determination to do the right things.

Since it's been so long since you posted, fill me in on what's going on right now. Any changes? New concerns?