Bird

Ask a bird specialist.

My sister's crow, who she's had in her house for 12 years,

Customer Question
My sister's crow, who...

My sister's crow, who she's had in her house for 12 years, somehow injured his foot. She hasn't cut his nails, and I think maybe they got caught on the perch or something. He can't stand on it. It's been a few days - because she's been afraid to take him to a vet - but now he's stopped eating. She has a 4:00 appt tomorrow. What can we expect?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Is your sister's bird bleeding a lot?

No.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Phew. What is the bird's name?

I'm going to forward this site and your answers to her in hopes she'll talk to you directly. She's pretty shaken up.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about I'm?

I don't know....like what? And can they set it? Will they give him something for pain if they do?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Bird
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/28/2017
Bird Specialist: August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist replied 4 months ago
August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist

I'm August Abbott, cert. avian specialist; owner of N.CA Parrot Rescue. Give me just a few minutes to review your question & respond. I'm with you

Tell me what your sister has been feeding him over these years

August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS