Bird

Ask a bird specialist.

Why my canry breathing heavy. Breathing heavy and he puffs…

Customer Question
Why my canry breathing...

Why my canry breathing heavy

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the bird?

Breathing heavy and he puffs out his feathers

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the bird seem to hurt?

I dont see if hes just breathing heavy like hes inhale and exhaling

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Nothing visually obvious. Is the bird eating normally?

Yes not singing as much

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No appetite problems. Is the bird having trouble peeing or pooing?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious problems there. How is the bird behaving differently?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious behavior changes. What is the bird's name and age?

Sunshine 1yr

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Bird
I dont if u would call labor breathing
11/17/2017
Bird Specialist: Scott Perry, Breeder replied 8 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Breeder

Hello. My name is***** and I am an avian veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Sunshine is breathing heavy. I am sorry to hear about what is happening. Breathing heavy can be a sign of lower respiratory disease or abdominal disease (because it pushes up on the air sacs). One of those abdominal issues is being egg bound, but this is most often associated with straining. Have you observed that?