Bird

Ask a bird specialist.

I found an injured pigeon and got it in a cage and am trying…

Customer Question
I found an injured...

I found an injured pigeon and got it in a cage and am trying to find out who it belongs to.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the bird?

It has trouble flying.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the bird seem to hurt?

At first it was the feet, but it's standing now but wings are a bit iffy right now.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the bird's name and age?

All I could see the band on his foot Aug 2017 CBS1671.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the bird?

No, as far I can see. It's eating birdseed and drinking water.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Bird
10/5/2017
Bird Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Perhaps the most useful step right now is going to be reaching out to http://www.cbspigeon.com which is likely the seller of the bird. They will be able to take the information down from the band and hopefully locate the owners information for you.

Checking in. Were you able to find the pigeon's owner?