Bird

Ask a bird specialist.

Sitting on the bottom of cage more than normal.. Did the…

Customer Question
Sitting on the bottom...

Sitting on the bottom of cage more than normal.. Did the same yesterday but the air conditinor

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the bird?

We turned the air conditioning off and then the bird was acting normally but but then today he is back on the bottom of cage

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the bird's name and age?

Phil.. We assume it's a male but never sexed

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Phil?

Tail bobbing slightly and butt in air.. Maybe I have a girl not a boy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Phil?

Not that I can think of.. Phil is eating and drinking but he did fall last night but he got right up and went to his food bowl to sleep. He is a clumsy bird

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Bird
10/5/2017
Bird Specialist: August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist replied 10 months ago
August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist

I'm August Abbott, cert. avian specialist; owner of N.CA Parrot Rescue. Give me just a few minutes to review your question & respond. What kind of bird? Age? How long ago did the bottom sitting begin?