Bird

Ask a bird specialist.

I have a Columbian wynedot hen she is sick with something I…

Customer Question
I have a Columbian...

I have a Columbian wynedot hen she is sick with something I have called 5 vets so far and no one seems to be available to help she has one eye swollen shut and she keeps acting like she is fighting sleep

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the bird. What is the bird's name and age?

Age 2 years molly

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the bird's name?

Age 2 years old and her name is molly

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the bird?

No that's about the best way I can describe what is wrong it's like watching a kid trying to keep from falling asleep

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Bird
OK she just went to the bathroom and she has diarrhea as well and the color is brown
9/30/2017
Bird Specialist: nekovet, Veterinary Surgeon replied 10 months ago
nekovet
nekovet, Veterinary Surgeon

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has she had these signs?

Any discharge from her eyes or nose? What color?

Is the inside of her mouth, pink, yellow, or pale/white?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?