Bird

Ask a bird specialist.

I want to be a vet one day and I love birds. I pasted two…

Customer Question
I want to be a...
I want to be a vet one day and I love birds. I pasted two images below. Why do birds die like this? Is this cause of no oxygen? The videos are below:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SaiXa5uh38https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNxv8vNwI20
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Bird
Answered in 5 days by:
9/30/2017
Bird Specialist: Yankmedic911, Avian Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Yankmedic911
Yankmedic911, Avian Veterinarian
I noticed no one had answered your question for several days when I logged on So I thought I would take the time to help you and answer your question to the best of my ability. First, I applaud you on both your love of birds and your passion for your potential career path as a veterinarian. It is a very rewarding profession. I wish you all the best should you choose to pursue this goal.Second, it is rather difficult to definitively state why the birds died in the two videos you posted. The videos are not of great quality and one has a logo obscuring the view of the bird. However, I can provide this information for you without a doubt. Both birds are showing signs of trouble breathing. The potential reasons for trouble breathing in birds include; trauma such as that seen in a fall, crash landing against a hard surface or getting attacked by a predator, an infection of the respiratory system such as bacterial, viral or a parasitic pneumonia and an exposure to poisons such as rat poison amongst a variety of causes. Furthermore, animals that are dying for whatever reason may show signs of trouble breathing just before they pass due to general weakness.Whenever any animal dies it is distressing and a very tragic event but I hope what I have written answers your question and provides a wee bit of education for you regarding again or bird veterinary medicine.I hope this helps. If you have further questions or concerns please let me know. I wish you and your bird all the best. If you liked and appreciated my answers please rate my answer and click on the accept button so I can receive credit for my time and effort. It would be sincerely appreciated.Dr. Adamski