Bird

Ask a bird specialist.

My cockatiels is slightly bleeding and is swollen, I just…

Customer Question
My cockatiels butt is...

My cockatiels butt is slightly bleeding and is swollen

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your bird?

I just got him and it's a baby

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Bird
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2017
Bird Specialist: August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist replied 11 months ago
August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist

I'm August Abbott, cert. avian specialist; owner of N.CA Parrot Rescue. Give me just a few minutes to review your question & respond. I'm with you

How old is this baby? What have you been feeding and is it eating on its own yet?

Does this baby perch yet? Is it perching normally right now? Eating, pooping ok?

Is this blood you're seeing bright red, slightly pinkish red or dark red?

The swelling you're seeing - is it showing a protrusion from the vent (anus)?