Bird

Ask a bird specialist.

I'm very upset my cockatiel has a swollen area right above…

Customer Question
. i'm very upset...

. i'm very upset my cockatiel has a swollen area right above the anus but sort of near the stomach area is this a cyst?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the bird's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** & she is about 9 yrs old maybe a trifle more

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Paddy?

NO she's eating good gives me kisses & sings normally

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Bird
9/17/2017
Bird Specialist: Anna, Bird Expert, Biologist replied 9 months ago
Anna
Anna, Bird Expert, Biologist

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just logged on and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with I'm sorry to hear of Paddy Girl's problem. Do you still need help? If you do, some additional information will be useful.

Does the swollen area feel soft or hard to the touch?

When you press on it, does it seem to hrt her?

Thank you.

I'm sorry but I missed your question because I was away. Is my question still closed???? If so, please refund my $34 on my credit card as I was not able to get an answer. I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank U very much Linda Hechenberger e-mail is***@******.***
I cant afford to pay another $28-I,m 61 yrs olds & waiting for social security-can You waive the additional $28??
Bird Specialist: Anna, Bird Expert, Biologist replied 8 months ago

Hello Linda,

I will send your request for a refund to customer service.

As for Paddy, it would be best to have a vet see her. Regardless of what the swollen area is, there won't be a home treatment for it. I hope she will be fine.

Anna

Thank so much Anna!!! I will take her 2 the vet-I hope I don't charged more money!!!! God bless U
You're welcome, Linda. Wishing you and Paddy well.

Hi Lynda,

I'm just checking on Paddy. Have you been able to get a vet appointment yet? When you do, please let me know what they find. Thank you.

Anna