Anna
Anna, Bird Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned and/or raised parakeets, finches, cockatiels, and poultry over a period of thirty years.
6012901

I'm very upset my cockatiel has a swollen area right above

Customer Question

. i'm very upset my cockatiel has a swollen area right above the anus but sort of near the stomach area is this a cyst? JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the bird's name and age? Customer: her name is ***** ***** & she is about 9 yrs old maybe a trifle more JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Paddy? Customer: NO she's eating good gives me kisses & sings normally

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Bird
Expert:  Anna replied 1 month ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just logged on and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with I'm sorry to hear of Paddy Girl's problem. Do you still need help? If you do, some additional information will be useful.

Does the swollen area feel soft or hard to the touch?

When you press on it, does it seem to hrt her?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I'm sorry but I missed your question because I was away. Is my question still closed???? If so, please refund my $34 on my credit card as I was not able to get an answer. I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank U very much Linda Hechenberger e-mail is***@******.***
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I cant afford to pay another $28-I,m 61 yrs olds & waiting for social security-can You waive the additional $28??
Expert:  Anna replied 7 days ago.

Hello Linda,

I will send your request for a refund to customer service.

As for Paddy, it would be best to have a vet see her. Regardless of what the swollen area is, there won't be a home treatment for it. I hope she will be fine.

Anna

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank so much Anna!!! I will take her 2 the vet-I hope I don't charged more money!!!! God bless U
Expert:  Anna replied 7 days ago.
You're welcome, Linda. Wishing you and Paddy well.
Expert:  Anna replied 5 days ago.

Hi Lynda,

I'm just checking on Paddy. Have you been able to get a vet appointment yet? When you do, please let me know what they find. Thank you.

Anna