Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

She is active, she eats, but she is panting. She is active,

Customer Question

She is active, she eats, but she is panting.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the bird?
Customer: She is active, she eats, but she is panting. Is she just hot?
JA: Where does the bird seem to hurt?
Customer: She doesn't seam to be hurting
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: She is named Bird Brain and she is under 1 year old. her eyes are still all black and she has bars on her face to the cere.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bird?
Customer: Nothing lese I can think of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Bird
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. If your other birds aren't showing signs of overheating, Bird Brain isn't likely to be overheated; instead, her panting is more likely to represent significant respiratory compromise such as might be seen with air sacculitis or pneumonia or compression of her air sacs and lungs by enlargement of coelomic (abdominal) organs or a coelomic effusion - free fluid in the coelomic cavity. Are there any other signs that might help localize the cause of her panting?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DrMichaelSalkin