Bird

Get Answers to Bird Care Questions. Ask a Bird Specialist.

Bird

Our chickens are shacking heads and one died today. we don't…

Customer Question
Our chickens are shacking...

Our chickens are shacking heads and one died today.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the bird's name and age?

We don't have names they are 1 year and 1month

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the bird's name?

Its a chicken we dont have names

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Bird
Where will i see a response from Veterinarian
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 3 days by:
8/5/2017
Bird Specialist: Yankmedic911, Avian Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Yankmedic911
Yankmedic911, Avian Veterinarian

Hello. I am terribly sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing with your chickens. Could you please provide me with some additional information so I can provide the best possible answer for you?

1. Are your chickens experiencing any coughing, sneezing, vomiting or diarrhea?

2. How is their activity level?

3. How is their appetite and droppings?

4. What type of diet do you provide your birds?

5. What type of enclosure and habitat do you have for your chickens?

6. Have your chickens had any other previous medical problems?

I look forward to hearing back from you. Meanwhile, I would recommend you consult a local veterinarian who is familiar working with birds so they can be evaluated. The fact that one bird has died already indicates there is a potentially very serious problem causing the situation you described. I have attached a link that you can refer to in order to find a local veterinarian that can help you. I wish you and your birds all the best.

http://www.aav.org/search/custom.asp?id=1803

Dr. Adamski

August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist