DrMichaelSalkin
DrMichaelSalkin,
55012488

I have a 6 week old baby budgie and her bottom is red and

Customer Question

I have a 6 week old baby budgie and her bottom is red and swollen. The mother stopped feeding her a week and a half ago and I took over feeding her by hand every 4 hours. She isn't eating today and isn't acting right. Her bottom is very swollen
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the bird's name?
Customer: Josie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Josie?
Customer: She was born a week after her sibling. Her sibling now looks like a healthy full grown bird. Josie still has limited feather and very small
Category: Bird
Expert:  DrMichaelSalkin replied 4 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. We don't have many avian vets on this site. You appear to describing cloacal (vent) prolapse. Please peruse this link and let me know if that's the case: https://www.beautyofbirds.com/Prolapse.htm