CVT_in_MN
CVT_in_MN, Avian Veterinarian
Experience:  Work with birds in clinic setting as well as volunteer at wildlife rescue. Have owned birds, including parakeets and Cockatoos.
10413311

Found a dove by our birdbath. Injured leg, I think is all.

Customer Question

Found a dove by our birdbath. Injured leg, I think is all. No local vet will check it. It is resting quietly right now, but I fear it won't eat. Is there anything I can do to help with the injury. There is movement in part of the foot. Maybe there is a break higher up? Foot stays curled.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: None that I can see, but I am not trained and don't even know what to look for. It is a wild dove, although in its present condition it can't really fight me off, but it did try to fly and fluttered a bit, but can't seem to take right off, so maybe a wing is wounded too. I can't stand to just ignore it and leave it to the cold and cruelty of just sitting out in nature.
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the bird?
Customer: This is one of the many doves that eat at our feeders daily, so I feel responsible for it.
Category: Bird
Expert:  CVT_in_MN replied 9 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question.

What is your zip code?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It doesn't really matter since the bird died quietly yesterday afternoon. Apparently there was more wrong than I thought so your time and my $30 bucks are in vain. Thanks anyway.

I'm sorry to hear that.