DrMichaelSalkin
DrMichaelSalkin,
55012488

Been sneezing and has discharge from nose I gave him

Customer Question

been sneezing and has discharge from nose I gave him terrimicyn but has not helped
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: has no name and is about 6 mos
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about and?
Customer: no
Category: Bird
Expert:  DrMichaelSalkin replied 11 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. We don't have many avian vets on this site. Which type of bird is he, please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
turkey

Thank you. May I have an update on your turkey, please? Turkey coryza (Bordetella avium) and avian mycoplasmosis (infectious sinusitis of turkeys) are the most common of the infections causing those symptoms. Terramycin is reasonable but no antibiotics alleviate symptoms and these birds become carriers of the infectious agent. If you haven't seen a good response to Terramycin, you can see how tylosin (Tylan-50 in your local feed store) affects him when dosed at 20-30 mg/lb daily for 5-7 days. It's injected into his breast muscle.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.