Bird

Get Answers to Bird Care Questions. Ask a Bird Specialist.

Bird

Bird got her feet caught in the bottom of the catch and now she can't stand up and appears to be very weak, Her name is

Customer Question
hi she got her feet...
hi she got her feet caught in the bottom of the catch and now she can't stand up and appears to be very weak
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is 33 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jamie?
Customer: Nothing else.. she
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Bird
10/27/2016
Bird Specialist: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you please clarify "bottom of the catch" for me? I need to clarify if her legs were weak and she got caught in the bottom of the catch or she injured herself because her feet were caught in the bottom of the catch. Which type of bird is Jamie, please? It's very difficult to assess injury from afar. These birds needs to examined hands-on. Until Jamie can be attended to, please heat up her environment to 29.4C by means of a 100W bulb shined into her partially covered cage (not at night when she needs to rest) or by taping a heating pad set on its lowest setting to the sides of her cage. Remove her perches and put her food and water on the bottom of the cage along with her.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian