DrMichaelSalkin
DrMichaelSalkin,
55012488

He's hanging his head down and can't hold it up for very.

Customer Question

He's hanging his head down and can't hold it up for very long. He's still eating and drinking (with difficulty), and is still crowing believe it or not! Been this way for a few days now.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: Strut. He's about 4 yrs old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Strut?
Customer: He has a scabby sore on one side of his comb.
Category: Bird
Expert:  DrMichaelSalkin replied 1 year ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. We don't have many avian vets on this site. The clue to Strut's malaise might well be that scabby sore which can indicate avian pox virus. Can you upload a photo(s) of this sore to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.